Welcome to Stanwood-Camano School District #401
The Stanwood-Camano School District focuses on providing students with a quality education, dedicated staff, and safe learning environment.
The district consists of:
- 5 elementary schools serving kindergarten through grade five
- 2 middle schools serving grades six through eight
- 1 high school serving grades nine through twelve
- 1 alternative middle school serving grades seven through eight
- 1 alternative high school serving grades nine through twelve
- A variety of on-line courses for students in grades nine through twelve
- A parent partnership program for students who benefit from a non-traditional educational experience where parents are the primary teachers
- Service for preschoolers from age three with developmental delays
The mission of Stanwood-Camano School District is to provide students with high-quality educational opportunities that promote excellence and lifelong learning.
Committed to the Success of Each Student
We know that each student learns in a different way. Our talented teachers focus on meeting the educational needs of each and every student while aligning student learning with state goals and standards.
Stanwood-Camano School District offers strong basic education and vocational programs. Offering students the skills they need to be successful and contributing citizens begins at the elementary level where students learn basic subjects along with music, physical education, and library/media skills. Middle school students can take art classes, vocational classes, and advanced placement classes in world languages and mathematics. High school students find choices such as advanced placement classes, a strong career and technical education program, and an exceptional performing arts program.
The Stanwood-Camano School District serves the Camano Island portion of Island County and the northwest portion of Snohomish County, bordering on the Skagit County line to the north and sharing boundaries with Arlington, Lakewood, and Marysville School Districts to the southeast.
We value our parents, community members, and volunteers. They understand the importance of their schools and support schools through levies and bonds so that students receive comprehensive programs and a safe learning environment at all levels.